Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 269 - Mask of Ages

Today is Christmas Day, but I have nothing to offer in that subject area.  Instead, I have a picture of something that Sarah gave to her mom as a gift.

Doesn't this look like a body that was recently exhumed?  I'm just assuming.  There's no way I would know what that would look like of course.  This is a mask that Sarah did in her ceramics class.  She did something wrong with the glaze or stain she put on it and the whole thing came out with this cracking effect covering it.  The color is still there, but the cracks make for a pretty interesting look.  I think the final product is probably WAY better than it might have normally been.

I don't mind saying I took a lousy picture of this mask.  The angle, the light, and the focus--all substandard in my opinion.  Still I persevered to see what I could do with it.  I gave this a mild treatment to bring a little bit of warmth out because it was shot in unflattering light.

It's a boring picture of an interesting subject, but that's what I have to work with today.

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!