Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 267 - Candles in the Windows

There is a house not far from us that catches our eye every year at this time.  The house is a beautiful 1920's or so era farmhouse, meticulously kept.  This time of the year they put a little light in each window to simulate a lone candle.  The effect is so perfect for the house.  Simple, elegant, and yet still reflects the holiday season that's all around us without the gaudy colored lights almost everyone uses.

I feel strange when I drive somewhere like this and get out my tripod.  It's dark, hardly any traffic, and here I am lurking in the dark taking pictures.  I'm glad I did though because I like the shot.

There wasn't much color to this shot--partly because the house is white, and partly because it's nighttime.  I decided to go ahead and turn it into a monochrome shot, and to further enhance it, I ran it through a little yellowing filter.

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!