Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 259 - Mount Rainier

I was on the way home from work this afternoon and was heading down the west side of the valley.  I glanced to the east and saw the tops of the Cascades lit up by the late afternoon sun breaking through the clouds.  Mount Rainier wasn't visible at that point, but I opted to drive up the hill to a vantage point and take some shots anyway because all the other mountains looked good.  When I got to the top, some of the clouds began to clear off the lower right of Mount Rainier.

This was shot from Auburn's cemetery hill, using my 300mm lens.  I was surprised at how well it did because it doesn't always like to focus well on something that far away.  I guess I owe it all to the sun lighting it up so well.  I gave it a liberal crop to bring us in closer.

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!