Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 253 - Glittery Lava Lamp

This was a hard picture to shoot.  If you take it with too long of a shutter speed, the exposure is too bright.  Too short of an exposure and there is no movement to the glitter flakes.  I did come very close to freezing the movement in a couple shots but it just made it look boring.  I might as well just been turned off and non-moving at that point.  I played and played--using all sorts of variations and settings.  Then out of the ones that did come out well, I had to choose one with an interesting swirly pattern.

I finally ended up choosing this one taken with a 5-second exposure.  Oh, I also added a 4-point star filter to add something to the lower lights.  Not too bad overall I guess...

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!