Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 251 - Wartime Brass

This is an amazing piece of art.  My coworker, TJ, brought this in to work today in celebration of Pearl Harbor Day.  If I have the story straight, his father made this completely by hand during his time in the Korean war.  It's made completely out of bullets and shell casings!  Even the stand and the thin ring the plane pivots on--all cut from various ammunition rounds.  It's very intricate and very impressive.

I spent some time after work shooting it in various poses, backgrounds, and angles.  I only had a small clamp light for lighting so I kept moving it around and trying light from all different directions.  It was very hard to pick from over 40 pictures, some only subtly different.

This is one that even full screen isn't enough to do the detail justice.

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!