Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 264 - Moon Sky

Late tonight (after midnight) there is going to be a lunar eclipse.  I will not be awake for such an event, although it would be cool to post it for tomorrow's pic.  I don't feel too put out about missing it though because I captured our last lunar eclipse in 2008, taking pictures of it every 10 or 15 minutes as it progressed.  Although my pictures of that one aren't too good, I did at least get it.

Tonight I happened to be out and about when the moon came up.  "Whoa!" It was huge and had lots of wispy clouds floating across the front of it.  It looked very "Halloweeny".  Anyway, by the time I got to take pictures of it it was a lot higher up and smaller in diameter.

Believe it or not, there is a bright moon in the center of this washed out mess.  I was dismayed that I missed the visible edge of the moon, but I am sort of pleased by the picture I did get.  I like the lighting and the clouds.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a porthole...I wanna go see what's on the other side :)

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!