Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 193 - Blue Jays

There are many times I wish I had a "real" lens.  I'm talking about one with perfect optics.  See, there are times like this when all the factors are perfect for getting the shot, and yet, it still doesn't come out clean.  Sure, the day could have been more sunny, but it was plenty bright enough, I was able to get plenty close to these guys while they were feasting, and I had the tripod and remote trigger all going for me.  The lens just doesn't quite get it done.

Having said that, it's a very colorful shot.  I got many shots where it was obvious they were eyeing me as they ate, but this one was one of the best because it had two of them in it that were fairly well in focus.  The lawn was so green I actually had to desaturate it slightly so it didn't overpower the rest of the shot.

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!