Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 184 - Scavengers

This is the time of year around here when the salmon swim upstream to spawn.  Nearby our house is one of the Pacific Northwest area's many salmon hatcheries--This particular one on Soos Creek.  I drive by it every day on the way to and from work, and today I decided to stop by and see what was going on.  I saw many, many salmon, some energetic, some lethargic, and some already dead.  Also present were the many seagulls and ducks that apparently see this as an annual smorgasbord of seafood.

Because I was there somewhat late in the day none of my water pictures came out.  The light was just not in the right mode for illuminating the water the right way.  The activity on the surface was much better.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I want to go see the salmon. Are they everywhere

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!