Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 173 - The Prismatic Tarmac

Funny thing about airplane windows--They are strangely polarized.  I say strangely because sometimes they do nothing different when you're taking a picture whether you have your camera polarizing filter on it or not.  Sometimes you can get a "normal" picture by taking your camera polarizer off and just shooting with the naked lens.  Other times it will do the rainbow thing whether you have your filter on it or not.

When I shot this picture out the airplane window this morning in Lihue, Kauai, I was at first annoyed at the rainbow.  When I got home and looked at it, I was somewhat taken aback.  I thought it ended up being a pretty cool effect!  I never would have expected prismatic rainbows to appear in just the wet areas.  I love it!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow that looks awesome!

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!