Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 171 - Flat Tree Alley

Not only is that not the name of the road, it's not even the name of the tree.  I just fell in love with these trees since the first time I saw one.  I think they have a sort of "African Serengeti" feel to them.  One of the directions we take from here on our daily excursions takes us over this bridge.  When I first saw this view I just went "whoa" and vowed that I would take a shot of it while I was here.

Today we made it happen.

Sue dropped me off along the highway and I had to walk quite a ways before I was in place for the shot.  There is just no place for any car to pull over for at least 1/4 mile in either direction.  She tried to pick me up when I was finished (cell phone coordination) but the traffic wouldn't let that take place.  After all, the speed limit is 50mph and there are no shoulders on a bridge.  She found a place a ways up the road and waited for me to come trudging up to the car.

Mission accomplished.  Like many shots I've taken since I've been on Kauai, pictures don't do it justice.  It's a pretty majestic panorama.

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!