Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 163 - Kauai: Poultry Paradise

There are a lot of chickens roaming around Kauai.  A lot.  Everywhere you go you see them--In town, near beaches, along the roads, in yards--You name it.  (Come to think of it though, I've never yet seen one crossing a road.)  Some of the roosters I've seen have been beautiful, with lots of different and bright colors covering their bodies.  I think I'm going to make it a point to try and capture a particularly pretty one while I'm here.  In the short time I've been here I've seen chickens of all sizes, some of which are very tiny.  I've seen plenty of them in trees too.

I woke to the sound of roosters and chickens this morning.  When I walked out on the deck this morning, this was my view:

 

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow talk about a wide variety of foliage!

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!