Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 87 - Fire!

I had this idea pop into my pointy, little head the other day:  I wonder if we could photograph fire trucks in a fire station?  Well, the notion sounded more interesting to me than to Suzie (probably a guy thing), but she agreed that it might be interesting.  Then I asked her if her 365 group had done a "red" theme yet?  No, not yet.  I thought it might be fun to put the two together.  Well, it turns out that today is RED in her 365 group.

While we were out driving around this afternoon, we swung into a local fire station.  Like many fire stations, it was closed up and deserted-looking, even though there were personal vehicles parked in their parking area.  I rang the bell and the door.  The guy that answered the door said, "Sure, why not?"  I motioned to Suz who was waiting in the car.  Two guys hung out with us while we shot pictures, talking the whole while.  It was a fun stop.  It's probably not every day they get someone that rings the bell and asks for photo access.  We were a little surprised that they only had one fire engine in the place though.  It's a brand-new station--Maybe that's why.  At any rate, it was something I'd like to do again at another station someday.

Although I have shots of their truck (red of course), I opted for this one instead.  I like orderly things, and I figured, how often does one get a chance to see a whole rack of bright yellow fire hoses?  Anyway, I like this shot:

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!