Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 237 - Snow Scene

We got a lot of snow last night but I opted to go to work this morning.  The day was pretty sunny (albeit cold) and I felt a little miffed that I missed the primo "sun-on-snow" shots of the day because I was working.  I was hoping for some fairly close-up shots of snow on leaves or snow on pine needles.  I wanted to add a crisscross filter to see what kind of sparkle effects I could get.  Unfortunately, the virgin snow was gone from all those areas by the time I got off work.

This scene presented itself on my drive home tonight though.  When I looked at it, it reminded me a lot of a jigsaw puzzle, so to complete that effect I ran it through a smoothing filter.

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!