Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 231 - A Boring Old Hat

It was another dark, nasty weekday night.  What to take a picture of?  None of the snaps I made on the way home from work were worthy of posting, and considering the lack of thought that went into them it didn't surprise me.  That started me looking around the house for a subject.

I settled on this hat I bought at a thrift store a couple weeks ago.  It's a great quality hat and I love it.  It's my new outdoor hat when it's raining or whatever.

It's kind of a challenge to shoot something like this because it has no "hard" edges to it.  The whole thing is soft to the point that the camera refused to focus on it automatically. I played with it a bit and hit on a flashlight-lit effect (which I have used several times before) and added a very slight vignette.  I like the finished product much better than I thought I would.  Sure, it's boring, but it's a pretty well done boring.

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!