Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 147 - Catholic Church in Monochrome

I like brick buildings from a photography standpoint.  I guess that's why I want to go shooting in Tacoma some day.  Anyway, this is a Catholic church in downtown Kent that I passed on the way home.  I walked around taking a bunch of pictures.  I hoped to go inside and get some shots of stained glass windows, but it was locked.

When I took this shot (and a few just like it) it looked odd because the sky was a little blown out.  I guess because I shot them from the shaded side on a hot, sunny day.  No matter what I tried I had limited success.  That is until I took away the color in Adobe Lightroom (I used cyanotype for a filter) I was pleasantly surprised by what I got:

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!