Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 139 - The Cow Clan

I first really noticed this group several months ago--Probably late winter.  The momma had just had two new calves, and I kept thinking to myself, "Self, you should go down there and get a shot of those newborns."  Well, one thing led to another and it never happened.

Now the calves are almost full grown.  Momma is the one on the right, and daddy is the one at the back.  You can tell daddy by his impressive set of, uh... Well, they're almost draggin' the ground.  They were wary of me, but even so the two calves were curious and wanted to advance (I have that power over critters).  Mom, however, wasn't having any of that.  Every time they started towards me she would sling her head around a block them.

A pretty tight family for sure.  (click the picture to see it full size)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

It is things like that, that make me not want to eat meat. Cute! Why don't I get comments anymore?

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!