Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 132 - Equine Indifference

I drive by this particular pasture almost every day on the way home. There are three horses that share the space, and sometimes they're visible and sometimes not. One day I drove by and the owner lady was training one of them--Having him going around a circle and obeying her commands. My mind screamed "Cool!" and I went just past the farm and stopped out of sight. I walked over the rise that kept me hidden from view and instantly the horse snapped his head around towards me (as did the owner/trainer). I felt like a total fool. Needless to say, I left.

Today all three horses were out on there own, right near the road. They were munching away on the fresh green stuff growing everywhere. When I started taking pictures I got a little bit of attention from the horses but not much. I made my way closer to them. All of a sudden this one started walking over and came right up to me. I wished that I had a carrot in my pocket like Mr. GreenJeans always did.  Once he was over there for a few seconds, he quickly lost interest in me.

Or maybe he heard someone else sneaking up...

0 comments:

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!