Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 29 - 1954 Chevy Truck

Everybody likes old trucks from the round-fender era, and we love them even more when they're rusty and sitting in a field with grass growing all around them don't we?

This particular truck is parked next to a busy highway that I travel to and from work occasionally.  It's an old flatbed that has a sign on one side advertising a pumpkin farm down the side road.  I didn't care about that--I only saw the rich color contrast on such a sunny day as today was.  Rust, oxidized red paint, green grass, blue sky, and white clouds.. How can you lose?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice! You find lots of good things on the side of the road. No fair.

Rick Williams said...

You have to make notes... Keep running lists of potential things that might be candidates and review it often. Sometimes a weather change is all it needs for you to know the day is right.

pkrbuford said...

Rick, you have some beautiful work! I love this photo of the Chevy truck. I am a watercolor artist and this is exactly the kind of stuff I look for. Any chance I could use this as the basis for a painting? Check out my website at www.pebarts.com to see what kind of work I do with cars. Let me know, thanks so much! And keep up the great work!

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!