Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 20 - The Neely Mansion

This house is a very historic place here in our area.  I am fortunate to live very close by so I drive by it all the time.  It's not open very often, and wasn't today either, but I stopped at the gated fence and shot from there.  When it is open I'm sure I'll stop in for more pictures.  I guess that means expect a sequel some day in the future.

I chose this particular picture because the building storm added a little "goth" to the shot.  Although I wanted to turn this one into something from The Munsters, I refrained because the blooming trees around it just didn't work.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Try a spooky one for fun! Do a black and white and overlay something to make it look antique! Add a creepy person to the yard.

Anonymous said...

I will be watching for updates! My grandmother was a Neely and the only time I was in the house was shortly before the house was turned over to the historical society for preservation years ago. I am dying to see what the interior looks like now.

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!