Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 15 - When Pictures Change

I stopped on the way home when I saw the train lights waaaay down the track.  I was in a perfect spot, so I did a U-ee and went back to the small crossing I had just passed.  As I set up the camera, I glanced down the track to see how fast it was coming.  No problem--It was still way down there.  Well, apparently it had been stopped, and when it started moving again, it hauled ass.  Before I knew it, it was blowing its horn as it approached me.  I had everything set up except the most important part:  The camera settings.

I had literally seconds to snap a bunch of pictures as the commuter train blew past me.  Although I had it on the shutter mode I wanted, it wasn't on the right aperture.  The result?  Horribly overblown and bright.  Just for fun I played with it in Adobe Lightroom and went, "Hey!  I like that!"

It's totally weird, but I love it!



1 comments:

Sarah said...

I like those blues and teals! There is a lot of blue reflected onto the metal and rocks too. And i like the snippet of green grass and the red in the pole things.

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!