Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 99 - Harley Flathead

Sue and I went to the Cumberland City Hall Saloon this evening.  It's located about 10 miles out of town, in the foothills of the Cascade mountains.  It's famous for its biker crowd, and tonight didn't disappoint (maybe it was the 90-degree weather?).  There were probably well over 500 bikes in the parking area.  Although they're open every day, their "taco Thursday" event seems to really bring them out.  Why?  I dunno... I guess standing in lines for mediocre food is the biker way...

When we went to leave, we spent some time out in the parking lot taking pictures.  Although there were tons of beautiful customs, this one stood out to me.  I have this "thing" about older stuff.  I like older cars and older bikes.  This Harley-Davidson 45 flathead was all genuine--Right down to the tank-mounted shifter.  It's hard telling how old it is because they made them from the mid 40's through the early sixties.  I would love to own a bike like this!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I like the old stuff too. I.E: My nineties kicks. I like really old cars though.

Sue Z Q said...

You forgot to mention that you also like older women...

 
What are you looking down here for? Get outside and take some pictures!